2023 Ram 1500 Safety Feature Highlights
The Ram 1500 has become a legendary and iconic pickup truck not just to its capability, but also its robust safety features. The 2023 model year is no different, and this Ram truck is the most technologically advanced and secure Ram pickup truck yet. Explore more details, and test drive for yourself at Highway 11’s Mac Lang Orillia in Ontario.
Blind Spot Monitoring System
Ram 1500 offers a Blind-Spot Monitoring System, which detects vehicles that may not be visible in your mirrors and provides valuable assistance. This feature improves safety during lane changes by alerting you to potential blind spots.
Forward Collision Warning System
The Ram 1500’s available Forward Collision Warning System warns you of potential collisions ahead with audiovisual warnings. If the driver is unable to press the brake pedal in response to the alert, the system can apply brake force without driver input, automatically engaging maximum available deceleration.
360 Surround View System
The 2023 Ram 1500 offers an advanced 360 Surround View Camera System that improves safety, parking, and towing. By stitching together images from various cameras positioned around the vehicle, this intelligent system creates a comprehensive bird’s eye view. This panoramic view gives you a comprehensive understanding of your surroundings, making parking and manoeuvring much easier and safer.
Additional Safety Features
- Anti-lock brakes: ABS brakes automatically sense when a tire has stopped rotating under extreme braking, and will modulate the brake pressure to allow the tire to rotate. This increases the vehicle’s ability to turn while braking.
- Stability control: Stability control automatically senses when the vehicle’s handling limits have been exceeded and reduces engine power and/or applies select brakes to help prevent the driver from losing control of the vehicle.
- Front-impact airbags: Front-impact airbags for the driver and passenger have been designed to protect the head during a frontal crash.
- Side impact airbags: Side impact airbags for the front seats have been designed to protect the torso during a side impact collision.
- Overhead airbags: Overhead airbags are used to protect the occupant’s heads in the event of a side collision or rollover.
- Pretensioners: Seatbelt pretensioners automatically tighten seatbelts to place the occupant in the optimal seating position during a collision.
- Security system: The vehicle is equipped with an ignition disable device that will prevent the engine from starting if the correct original manufacturer key is not used.
Find the Ram 1500 at Mac Lang Orillia
Test drive the latest Ram truck here at Highway 11’s Ram truck dealership: Mac Lang Orillia. Your one-stop shop for everything Ram, Jeep, Dodge, and Chrysler, visit Mac Lang Orillia, today, for more information.